Monday, October 26, 2009

Yup... I'm a stalker

I read blogs. I like blogs. I might even love blogs.

I vaguely miss the newspaper, although I can get most of their news on twitter faster than reporters can produce it.

I do continue pick up magazines, if only to have something to read while on a plane somewhere. Otherwise they just take up space, get saved for an undue amount of time, and left on an end table until I move.

But I love blogs.

As I spent the last half hour reading past entries on the blog of someone I knew in high school it dawned on me how entirely creepy blogs really are.

I don't know these people. I sorta knew the person who's blog I was reading at that moment, but really I wouldn't recognize the bloggers I read if I met them on the street (except maybe Pioneer Woman because shes my blogging hero).

Yet, that is ok. It is completely welcome and actually invited that I peek, daily, into the lives of total strangers. The difference is when it's someone I know, or used to know. Thats when I feel like I'm creeping in someone's bushes taking pictures of them in the shower and that is surreal.

Why is it ok to be a daily part of someone's life whom you've never, and probably never will meet and invasive feeling if its someone you do know?

Its befuddling, and a little creepy, and I'm inviting strangers to hear about my befuddlement.

No comments:

Post a Comment